Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Reads: Three Times Lucky

You may not notice at first glance, but we ENFJ's happen to have an intellectual side, too.  We may seem very shallow one minute, and then the next minute we're carrying on a deep, thought-provoking conversation.  What can I say?  We're a complicated bunch.

And since I write books for children, you can bet that I love a good conversation about the books I read.  I tend to read all over the map--ENFJ's are usually very eclectic in their choice of things such as books, movies, and music--and I have been known to pick up anything from picture books to technical manuals for adults.  (I also read the back of the cereal box as I eat, the handwritten scratches of notes my hubby and kids leave lying around, and pretty much anything else I can get my hands on.)

So, in order to feed my intellectual, bookish side, occasionally I'd like to share some of the books I have enjoyed.  On random Fridays (not every Friday, because even though I'm an ENFJ, my cognitive profile shows that ENFP preferences are only about 1% behind my ENFJ preferences, and this means I do have very much in common with the ENFPs out there; and one of those is that I'm not always the best at sticking to a schedule) I'll post a book I've read and a short blurb about why I liked it.  I will also add it to a Pinterest board called My Friday Reads, in case you are a Pinterest fanatic like me.  (NOTE: There are some books already on the Pinterest board, because I did a Friday Reads on my old blog, too.)

Without further ado, my Friday reads for today:


Three Times Lucky
 by Sheila Turnage

For: 8-12-year-olds

Genre: Mystery

Published: 2012

Why I like it: One word: characters.  I absolutely adored the voice of the main character, Mo LoBeau, and the quirky but lovable supporting cast that makes up her small, southern town.  I wanted to BE in Tulepo Landing with Mo and the Colonel and Miss Lana and Dale Earnhardt Johnson III and all the others.  I was so happy when this book won the Newbery Honor, because it deserved it.  I always applaud when a book that is fun (and has funny parts, too) gets some attention from the Newbery Committee.



No comments:

Post a Comment